Weather in northwest Orange County for Monday, April 11, 2022:
Mostly sunny, with a high near 70. Southeast wind 5 to 15 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
A slight chance of showers before 11pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 49. West wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Highs are expected to remain in the low to mid-70s for the next week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1794 Birth of Edward Everett, governor of Massachusetts, statesman and orator.
- 1862 Birth of Charles Evans Hughes, 11th Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court.
- 1893 Birth of Dean G. Acheson, U.S. secretary of state (1949-53) who helped create NATO.
- 1898 American President William McKinley asks Congress for declaration of war with Spain.
- 1951 President Truman fires General Douglas MacArthur as head of United Nations forces in Korea.
- 1961 Folk singer Bob Dylan performs in New York City for the first time, opening for John Lee Hooker.
- 1968 President Johnson signs the 1968 Civil Rights Act.
- 1974 The Judiciary committee subpoenas President Richard Nixon to produce tapes for impeachment inquiry.
- 1981 President Ronald Reagan returns to the White House from hospital after recovery from an assassination attempt.