While pulling together the Top Ten Stories list on Sunday, April 10, I realized that I have neglected monthly, quarterly, and yearly Top Ten Stories. The last monthly Top Ten Stories article was for September 2021. As part of catching up, here is a list of the Top Ten Stories for February 2022, which included a brush fire evacuation, foodborne illness, and a police helicopter crash.
Top Ten Stories for February 2022 are the most-read stories at Orange County Breeze over that month (excluding weather forecasts and events):
- Immediate evacuation of Irvine Cove and Southern Emerald Bay ordered due to brush fire
- OC Health Care Agency advises residents and visitors to beware of foodborne illness
- Official press release from Huntington Beach PD regarding helicopter crash that killed officer
- Lakewood Sheriff Station to hold vigil on Friday for Deputy Thomas Albanese
- Fatal traffic collision at Crescent Avenue and Watson Street in Cypress
- Long Beach Police investigate murder in 200 block of Atlantic Avenue
- Peat family makes generous donation to Boys & Girls Club of Greater Anaheim-Cypress
- Long Beach Police investigating homicide in the 600 block of East Burnett Street
- Amazon to create more than 1,500 new jobs to support six new Amazon Fresh grocery stores in Southern California
- Prowler caught by Cypress Police
The following event would have qualified for the Top Ten list had it been a story rather than an event listing. A link is not provided because items in our AWESOME community calendar are removed some time after the event.
- OC Tet Festival
Cover graphic of the January 2022 Orange County Breeze Dining, Arts & Entertainment (DARTS) guide.
Do you enjoy working puzzles? We added puzzles to DARTS! Beginning with the May 2015 issue, two pages of puzzles are included in our free monthly DARTS downloadable publication.