Weather in northwest Orange County for Tuesday, April 19, 2022:
Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, partly sunny, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 74. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Increasing clouds, with a low around 55. West wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Highs are expected to remain in the low to mid-70s until the end of the week, followed by a rise peaking in the mid-80s on Monday.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1689 Residents of Boston oust their governor, Edmond Andros.
- 1721 Birth of Roger Sherman, signer of the Declaration of Independence.
- 1764 The English Parliament bans the American colonies from printing paper money.
- 1775 The American Revolution begins as fighting breaks out at Lexington, Massachusetts.
- 1782 The Netherlands recognizes the United States.
- 1802 The Spanish reopen New Orleans port to American merchants.
- 1832 Birth of Lucretia Rudolph, President James A. Garfield’s first lady.
- 1861 The Baltimore riots result in four Union soldiers and nine civilians killed.
- 1861 President Abraham Lincoln orders a blockade of Confederate ports.
- 1903 Birth of Eliot Ness, Treasury agent during Prohibition.
- 1934 Shirley Temple appears in her first movie.
- 1939 Connecticut finally approves the Bill of Rights.
- 1982 NASA names Sally Ride to be the first woman astronaut.
- 1989 The battleship USS Iowa‘s number 2 turret explodes, killing sailors.
- 1993 The FBI ends a 51-day siege by storming the Branch Davidian religious cult headquarters in Waco, Texas.
- 1995 A truck bomb explodes in front of the federal building in Oklahoma City, killing 168 people.