Security Camera Rebates
The City of Lakewood is offering residents a rebate of $50 per security camera device, for up to two security camera devices, per residential address.
The rebate program is offered on a first-come, first-served basis to Lakewood residents who purchase and install a security camera device (or devices) on or after March 22, 2022.
Rebates are available until program funding is expended – apply early for best opportunity at receiving a rebate.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements:
- Reside in the City of Lakewood and have a valid government issued ID displaying your City of Lakewood residential address.
- Have a current utility bill (water, electricity, gas, phone) registered in your name to your City of Lakewood residential address, matching the Lakewood address on your valid government issued ID.
- Own or rent the City of Lakewood residence where the security camera device(s) will be installed.
NOTE: If you are currently renting, a signed letter from the owner of the Lakewood residential property is required expressly giving written consent to you to install the security camera device on the exterior of the residential property.
- To be eligible for two $50 rebates, the total sale price, before taxes and installation, must be $200 or greater, and there must be a minimum of two individual cameras.
- The maximum allowable rebate is $100 per Lakewood residential address.
- The rebate is exclusively for the cost of the security camera device(s), not including any applicable tax.
- The rebate does not include the cost for security camera device installation, additional storage space, accessories, or any cameras that are purchased but not installed on the exterior of the property, capturing any of the four eligible camera angles listed in the application packet.
Catalytic converter theft prevention rebates
The City of Lakewood encourages residents to take proactive measures to protect the catalytic converter on their vehicles.
To help, Lakewood is offering residents an opportunity to receive rebates for two types of theft prevention measures:
1. VIN engraving on your catalytic converter by an automotive service business or auto repair center: $25 rebate per vehicle.
2. Purchase and installation of one of the two eligible catalytic converter anti-theft devices listed below: $50 rebate per vehicle
- Catalytic Converter Protection Shield
- Catalytic Converter ‘CatClamp’ style lock
The rebate program is offered on a first-come, first-served basis to Lakewood residents who have had professional engraving done and/or purchased and installed a theft-prevention device on or after March 22, 2022.
Free etching events for Lakewood residents
Lakewood is hosting four free events for residents to bring in their vehicles to have the VIN engraved on the catalytic converter.
If your catalytic converter is stolen, engraving the identifying information on it helps law enforcement return it to you.
The first 25 vehicles in line will receive a voucher for a free car wash, and the first 40 vehicles in line will receive a free steering wheel security lock.
Only Lakewood residents are eligible to receive free catalytic converter engraving.Must show proof of Lakewood residency by providing current vehicle registration and government-issued ID matching your name and address.
Etching events will be held:
- Monday, May 9 from 9 to 11 a.m.
- Thursday, June 9 from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Thursday, May 19 from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 22 from 9 to 11 a.m.