With airline ticket prices expected to keep going up due to rising oil costs and the U.S. closing its airspace to Russian aircraft, WalletHub released its report on 2022’s Best Airlines, as well as accompanying videos and expert commentary. WalletHub’s study focuses not just on price but also many other aspects of the air travel experience, such as safety, delays, baggage issues, animal incidents, passenger complaints and more.
You can find a handful of highlights below:
- Best Overall – Delta Air Lines earned the highest overall WalletHub Score (70.48) after being the runner-up for three years in a row, followed by Hawaiian Airlines (67.00).
- Most Reliable – Delta Air Lines has the lowest overall rate of cancellations, delays, mishandled luggage and denied boardings. The next most reliable company is Hawaiian Airlines.
- Safety – Alaska Airlines is the safest, with a low number of incidents and accidents per 100,000 flight operations, no fatalities and fewer than 15 people injured between 2016 and 2021. Alaska Airlines also has a relatively new fleet of aircrafts. The safety runner-up is Envoy Air.
- Most Pet-Friendly – Three airlines tied for being most pet-friendly – Delta Air Lines, SkyWest Airlines and Envoy Air – with no incidents.
- Most Comfortable – JetBlue Airways leads the pack in terms of in-flight experience, offering free amenities such as Wi-Fi, extra legroom, and complimentary snacks and beverages. Alaska Airlines, Southwest Airlines & Delta Air Lines are tied for the second position for this category.
For the full list of 2022’s Best & Worst Airlines, please visit: https://www.wallethub.com/edu/best-airlines/20916/