Weather in northwest Orange County for Thursday, April 21, 2022:
Partly sunny, with a high near 69. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 55. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Highs are expected to remain in the low to mid-70s until the end of the week, followed by a rise peaking in the upper 80s on Monday.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1649 The Maryland Toleration Act is passed, allowing all people freedom of worship.
- 1838 Birth of John Muir, naturalist.
- 1836 General Sam Houston defeats Santa Anna at the Battle of San Jacinto. Texas wins independence from Mexico.
- 1862 Congress establishes the U.S. Mint.
- 1865 Abraham Lincoln’s funeral train leaves Washington.
- 1898 The Spanish-American War begins.
- 1910 Mark Twain dies at the age of 75.
- 1914 U.S. Marines occupy Vera Cruz, Mexico. They will stay six months.
- 1916 Bill Carlisle, the infamous ‘last train robber,’ robs a train in Hanna, Wyoming.
- 1943 President Franklin D. Roosevelt announces that several Doolittle pilots have been executed by Japanese.
- 1966 Pfc. Milton Lee Olive is awarded the Medal of Honor, posthumously, for bravery during the Vietnam War.
- 1995 Federal authorities arrest Timothy McVeigh in connection with the Oklahoma City bombing.