Weather in northwest Orange County for Saturday, April 30, 2022:
Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 77. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 55. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southeast after midnight.
Highs are expected to remain in the 70s for the rest of the week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1789 George Washington is inaugurated as the first U.S. president.
- 1803 The United States doubles in size through the Louisiana Purchase, which was sold by France for $15 million.
- 1812 Louisiana is admitted into the Union as a state.
- 1858 Birth of Mary Scott Lord Dimmick, First Lady to President Benjamin Harrison.
- 1864 Work begins on the Dams along the Red River, which will allow Union General Nathaniel Banks’ troops to sail over the rapids above Alexandria, Louisiana.
- 1931 The George Washington Bridge, linking New York City and New Jersey, opens.
- 1968 U.S. Marines attack a division of North Vietnamese troops in the village of Dai Do.
- 1970 U.S. troops invade Cambodia to disrupt North Vietnamese Army base areas.
- 1973 President Richard Nixon announces the resignation of Harry Robbins Haldeman, John Ehrlichman, and other top aides.