In the coming days, Governor Newsom will unveil his updated 2022-23 California state budget proposal — commonly known as the May Revision or May Revise. This revised proposal outlines the governor’s economic outlook and his administration’s policy priorities, including changes since his January proposed budget.
As we gear up to analyze the updated spending plan, our team is thinking about the most pressing policies that will impact the health and well-being of Californians.
Here are 5 questions we’re asking ahead of the May Revision:
- Will the governor propose significant relief for Californians who need it most?
- How will the governor address the Gann Limit in the state budget proposal?
- Will the governor immediately fund Medi-Cal for income-eligible undocumented adults?
- How will the governor better help Californians experiencing homelessness?
- Will the governor propose meaningful paid family leave and state disability insurance for Californians?
Plus, register early for our free virtual Empower event — The Governor’s May Revision Explained — happening on Friday, May 20th at 12:30 p.m. We’ll explore what the governor’s budget proposals mean for Californians with low incomes who we know are most struggling to make ends meet. Hope to see you there!