Weather in northwest Orange County for Friday, May 13, 2022:
Sunny, with a high near 88. Light and variable wind becoming west 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Mostly clear, with a low around 60. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable after midnight.
Highs are forecast to peak in the upper 80s on Saturday before gradually dropping back into the mid-70s.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1607 English colonists land near the James River in Virginia.
- 1648 Margaret Jones of Plymouth is found guilty of witchcraft and is sentenced to be hanged.
- 1729 Birth of Henry William Stiegel, early American glassmaker.
- 1846 The United States declares war on Mexico after fighting has already begun.
- 1861 Britain declares its neutrality in the American Civil War.
- 1864 The Battle of Resaca commences as Union General William T. Sherman fights towards Atlanta.
- 1913 Igor Sikorsky flies the first four-engine aircraft.
- 1968 Peace talks between the United States and North Vietnam begin in Paris.