Weather in northwest Orange County for Wednesday, May 25, 2022:
Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 77. Light west wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Patchy fog. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
Highs are forecast to remain in the the mid to upper 70s until next week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1787 The Constitutional convention opens at Philadelphia with George Washington presiding.
- 1803 Birth of Ralph Waldo Emerson, American essayist and philosopher.
- 1889 Birth of Igor Sikorsky, American aviation engineer who developed the first successful helicopter.
- 1925 John Scopes is indicted for teaching Darwinian theory in school.
- 1926 Birth of Miles Davis, American jazz trumpeter.
- 1935 Jesse Owens sets six world records in less than an hour in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- 1953 The first atomic cannon is fired in Nevada.