Weather in northwest Orange County for Saturday, May 28, 2022:
Patchy drizzle before 11am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 69. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 59. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
Highs are forecast to remain in the the mid to upper 70s until next week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1818 Birth of P. G. T. Beauregard, Confederate general during the American Civil War.
- 1830 Congress authorizes Indian removal from all states to the western Prairie.
- 1863 The 54th Massachusetts, a regiment of African-American recruits, leaves Boston, headed for Hilton Head, South Carolina.
- 1888 Birth of Jim Thorpe, American athlete.
- 1953 Melody, the first animated 3-D cartoon in Technicolor, premiers.
- 1961 Amnesty International, a human rights organization, is founded.