With nearly 80% of U.S. adults saying they will take some sort of road trip this summer, the personal-finance website WalletHub released its report on 2022’s Best & Worst States for Summer Road Trips, along with accompanying videos and expert commentary.
To help travelers plan a fun and wallet-friendly road trip, WalletHub compared the 50 U.S. states based on 32 key metrics. The data set ranges from the number of attractions to road conditions to costs.
WalletHub’s road trip report found that California ranks 30th nationally for summer driving, and you can find out why below.
Road Tripping in California (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 1st – Number of Attractions
- 18th – Lowest Price of Three-Star Hotel Room
- 48th – Avg. Gas Prices
- 6th – Nightlife Options per Capita
- 9th – Vehicle Miles Traveled per Capita
- 48th – Car Thefts per Capita
- 2nd – Access to Scenic Byways
- 47th – Lowest Price of Camping
- 1st – Driving Laws Rating
- 26th – Fatalities per 100 Million Vehicle Miles Traveled
To view the full report: https://wallethub.com/edu/best-worst-states-for-summer-road-trips/4648