With Independence Day right around the corner and Americans feeling a lot more “independent” from the COVID-19 pandemic this year, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2022’s Most Independent States, as well as accompanying videos and expert commentary. This study follows WalletHub’s reports on the Best Places for 4th of July Celebrations and Most Patriotic States.
To determine the most self-sufficient states, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 39 metrics, which measure how dependent Americans are on the government and other people for finances, their jobs and personal vices. You can find highlights from the report below.
Independence in California (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 3rd – Median Debt per Income
- 10th – Share of Adults Saving for Children’s College Education
- 23rd – Share of Federal-, State- & Local-Government Employees
- 27th – Share of Jobs Supported by Exported Goods
- 6th – Industry Variety
- 2nd – Share of Current Adult Smokers
For the full report, please visit: