The community is invited to join the Garden Grove Police Department (GGPD) at the annual National Night Out, a free community-building event featuring family activities, giveaways, live demonstrations, and raffle prizes on Tuesday, August 2, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. The event will take place in front of Garden Grove Police Headquarters, located at 11301 Acacia Parkway.
Event attendees can meet Garden Grove officers, crime prevention officers, and GGPD’s two support canines, as well as participate in contests and try on police gear. Other activities include public safety demonstrations by the K-9 unit and the Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) unit. Attendees will also learn about neighborhood watch programs and how to get involved with GGPD’s Crime Prevention Unit.
Parking will be available at the following locations:
- First Baptist Church – 12761 Euclid Street
- Garden Grove Community Meeting Center – 11300 Stanford Avenue
- Garden Grove High School – 11271 Stanford Avenue
- Healthy Aging Center Acacia – 11391 Acacia Parkway
- Purcell Building – 11277 Garden Grove Boulevard
- SteelCraft Garden Grove – 12900 S Euclid Street
National Night Out is an annual event that provides an opportunity for residents to meet, interact, and collaborate with local law enforcement, while promoting police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie.