Weather in northwest Orange County for Wednesday, July 6, 2022:
Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 78. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
Partly cloudy, with a low around 63. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south after midnight.
Highs temperatures are expected to rise into the mid-80s by the weekend.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1747 Birth of John Paul Jones, naval hero of the American Revolution.
- 1835 John Marshall, the third chief justice of the Supreme Court, dies at the age of 79. Two days later, while tolling in his honor in Philadelphia, the Liberty Bell cracks.
- 1854 The Republican Party is officially organized in Jackson, Michigan.
- 1921 Birth of Nancy Reagan, wife of President Ronald Reagan.
- 1944 Lieutenant Jackie Robinson of the U.S. Army, while riding a civilian bus from Camp Hoo, Texas, refuses to give up his seat to a white man.
- 1945 B-29 Superfortress bombers attack Honshu, Japan, using new fire-bombing techniques.
- 1945 Operation Overcast begins in Europe–moving Austrian and German scientists and their equipment to the United States.
- 1982 President Ronald Reagan agrees to contribute U.S. troops to the peacekeeping unit in Beirut.