On July 5, the L.A. County Registrar of Voters certified the final results of elections across L.A. County, including the Lakewood City Council races.
With 8,866 Lakewood ballots counted, the Registrar of Voters’ results show that Todd Rogers, Steve Croft and Cassandra Chase have won seats in Lakewood’s first-ever by-district council election.
Here is the vote count and percentage for each candidate in the three district elections:
- Todd Rogers: 77% (2,544 votes)
- Michelle Hamlin: 23% (743 votes)
- Steve Croft: 47% (1,408 votes)
- Laura Sanchez-Ramirez: 31% (941 votes)
- Gregory Slaughter: 22% (660 votes)
- Cassandra Chase: 53% (897 votes)
- Veronica Lucio: 47% (785 votes)
NOTE: This is a General Election, with no runoff, and the top vote-getter for each district is now the winner for that district.
The three winners will be sworn into their terms of office at the Lakewood City Council meeting on July 12.