Weather in northwest Orange County for Monday, July 11, 2022:
Sunny, with a high near 81. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Increasing clouds, with a low around 63. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
Highs temperatures are expected to remain in the low to mid-80s for the coming week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1767 Birth of John Quincy Adams, Sixth President of the United States (1825-1829).
- 1786 Morocco agrees to stop attacking American ships in the Mediterranean for a payment of $10,000.
- 1804 Alexander Hamilton is mortally wounded by Aaron Burr in a duel.
- 1838 Birth of John Wanamaker, U.S. merchant, founder of one of the first American department stores.
- 1862 President Abraham Lincoln appoints General Henry Halleck as general-in-chief of the Federal army.
- 1972 American forces break the 95-day siege at An Loc in Vietnam.
- 1995 Full diplomatic relations are established between the United States and Vietnam.