On Tuesday, August 2, 2022, streets in the Garden Grove Civic Center area will be closed to traffic, from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. for the Garden Grove Police Department’s annual National Night Out, a free community-building event.
Closed streets are: southbound lane of Civic Center Drive, from Acacia Parkway to Garden Grove Boulevard; and Acacia Parkway, from 7th Street to Garden Grove City Hall, at 11222 Acacia Parkway.
The event takes place from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 2, in front of Garden Grove Police Headquarters, located at 11301 Acacia Parkway.
Event attendees can meet Garden Grove officers, crime prevention officers, and Garden Grove Police Department’s two support canines, as well as participate in contests and try on police gear. Other activities include public safety demonstrations by the K-9 unit and the Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) unit.
Parking will be available at the following locations:
- First Baptist Church – 12761 Euclid Street
- Garden Grove Community Meeting Center – 11300 Stanford Avenue
- Garden Grove High School – 11271 Stanford Avenue
- Healthy Aging Center Acacia – 11391 Acacia Parkway
- Purcell Building – 11277 Garden Grove Boulevard
- SteelCraft Garden Grove – 12900 S. Euclid Street
For more information, please visit ggcity.org/events/nno2022 or contact the Garden Grove Police Department’s Community Liaison Division at (714) 741-5760 or email at [email protected]