Weather in northwest Orange County for Friday, July 15, 2022:
Mostly sunny, with a high near 82. Light south wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Patchy fog after midnight. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 65. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
Highs temperatures are expected to remain in the low to mid 80s through next week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1779 Birth of Clement Moore, American scholar and educator.
- 1806 Lieutenant Zebulon Pike begins his western expedition from Fort Belle Fontaine.
- 1850 Birth of Francis Xavier Cabrini, the first American canonized saint.
- 1863 Confederate raider Bill Anderson and his Bushwhackers attack Huntsville, Missouri, stealing $45,000 from the local bank.
- 1958 President Dwight Eisenhower sends 5,000 Marines to Lebanon to keep the peace.
- 1960 John F. Kennedy accepts the Democratic nomination for president.