Weather in northwest Orange County for Tuesday, July 26, 2022:
Mostly sunny, with a high near 79. Light west wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Partly cloudy, with a low around 64. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Highs temperatures are expected to remain in the upper 70s to low 80s through the week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1759 The French relinquish Fort Ticonderoga in New York to the British under General Jeffrey Amherst.
- 1775 The Continental Congress establishes a postal system for the colonies with Benjamin Franklin as the first postmaster general.
- 1796 Birth of George Catlin, American artist and author.
- 1920 The 19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is ratified.
- 1928 Birth of Stanley Kubrick, film director (Spartacus, 2001: A Space Odyssey).
- 1948 In an Executive Order, President Harry Truman calls for the end of discrimination and segregation in the U.S. armed forces.
- 2005 The shuttle Discovery launches on mission STS-114, marking a return to space after the shuttle Columbia crash of 2003.