On Saturday, July 30, Assemblywoman Sharon Quirk-Silva (Fullerton – D) hosted an intimate celebration to honor several exceptional community leaders who live or work within the 65th Assembly District and acknowledge their significant impact in the community.
“In the spirit of appreciation, I want to recognize this incredible group of leaders for their vast contributions to our community in the areas of business, non-profit sector, women’s empowerment, Veteran’s services, and more. I also want to honor some of our “local heroes,” those who are making an extraordinary difference in the community at large. These amazing leaders have truly excelled in their fields, and have consistently displayed the admirable qualities that we should all aspire to,” said Assemblywoman Quirk-Silva.
The following community members were honored during the event:
- Veteran of the Year – Tony Pak, U.S. Army Veteran
- Woman of the Year – Dr. Sueling Chen and Colleen Janssen
- Man of the Year – Fullerton Councilmember Jesús Silva and Barry Ross
- Non-Profit of the Year – Leon Owens Foundation and Friends of Families
- Small Business of the Year – The Complete Package and Yong S. Kim Acupuncture Clinic
- 2022 Minerva Scholarship Award – Hailey Schneider and Paloma Foster
- 2022 California Legislative Latino Caucus Foundation Scholarship Award – Lillian Isis Avila
“Those honored have constantly sought to strengthen, uplift, and cultivate positive results in our community through their incredible social and civic engagement. Their influence resonates in all of their amazing accomplishments and I’m proud to call them members of the 65 th Assembly District,” said Quirk-Silva.
To view the bios of the 2022 Recognition Event honorees, please visit here.