The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) is scheduled to have the following closures for maintenance repairs:
Friday, August 19
- Northbound Interstate 5 (I-5) on-ramp from EB/WB Katella Avenue from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- NB I-5 #4 lane from I-405/I-5 junction to Alton Parkway from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
- NB I-5 off-ramp to Alton Parkway from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
Saturday, August 20
- SB State Route 1 (SR-1) right shoulder from State School Park to Irvine Cove Drive from 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- NB I-5 connector to WB SR-91 from 1:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- SB I-5 off-ramp to SB Newport Avenue from 5:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- SB I-5 connector to SB/NB SR-55 from 5:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- SB I-5 off-ramp to SB Broadway from 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
- WB SR-91 connector to NB I-5 from 5:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Sunday, August 21
- SB SR-57 connector to EB SR-22 from 5:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- SB I-405 on-ramp from NB/SB Irvine Center Drive from 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Caltrans appreciates the public’s patience while we perform this work. Electronic Changeable Messages Signs will notify drivers of the closure. The work schedule is subject to change due to traffic incidents, weather, availability of equipment and/or materials, and/or construction-related issues.
For more information and updates, you may contact the District 12 Public Information Office at (657) 328-6000 or on social media via Twitter @CaltransOC, Facebook @CaltransOC, and Instagram @CaltransOC.
For those with sensory disabilities requiring alternate formats (i.e., Braille, large print, sign language interpreter, etc.) and those needing information in a language other than English, please contact Nathan Abler at (657) 650-5146 or TTY 711.