I’ve been honored to serve LAUSD as a trustee since 2010.
Randy and I raised our family here because of the schools. I know first-hand there is a direct correlation between the quality of our schools and home values.
I strive to ensure students receive a world-class education in a safe environment, where parents have a voice.
During my tenure:
- Two Bonds which modernized all school sites, world-class STEM Building, aquatic center, track & field
- Projects completed on time and on budget
- Increased safety measures for students and staff
- Over 90% of graduates enroll in post-secondary education
- Blue-Ribbon and Gold Ribbon Schools
- Championships in Art’s and Athletics
- Increased access to mental health counselors and established Wellness Spaces
I strive to maintain a culture of “keeping the main thing the main thing”.
I make myself accessible to students, parents, staff, and the community.
- President of Los Alamitos Education Foundation (LAEF)
- Chaired Measure K
- Chaired Bond Oversite
- Special Ed PTSA
My profession is Executive Director for Pathways to Independence which supports young at-risk women.
I believe that education is the difference-maker in our society.
I would be honored to passionately serve our students, parents, staff, and community as a School Board Trustee.