Orange County Treasurer Shari Freidenrich announced that over 882,000 secured property tax bills totaling more than $8.3 billion have been mailed to the names of the property owners on the most recent tax roll. The secured property tax bills are now available online at octreasurer.com/octaxbill.
The first installment of the FY 2022-23 secured property taxes is due and payable on November 1, and will become delinquent if not paid by December 12. The second installment is due and payable on February 1, 2023, and will become delinquent if not paid by April 10, 2023.
If you have not yet received the 2022-23 secured property tax bill in the mail, you can obtain a copy online at octreasurer.com/octaxbill, by emailing a request [email protected] or by calling us at (714) 834- 3411 (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.). Government Code states that not receiving a property tax bill does not relieve you from your responsibility to pay it on time. The website also provides an up-to-date statement page for all secured property, including any outstanding balances plus any delinquencies, penalties or fees. The most common way to view the page is to input either your seven-digit Assessor Parcel Number (APN), or property address.
Property Tax Tips:
- Sign up to receive a payment reminder by text or email at octreasurer.com/octaxreminder
- Pay property tax bills online at octreasurer.com/octaxbill by eCheck (bank account) at no cost and receive same day credit and an emailed receipt
- Scan the QR code on your property tax bill to go directly to the octaxbill page and input your parcel number or address to view and pay your property taxes
- View 12 years of property tax bills and the last two years of payment details online
- Check out our app that shows for each parcel, tax bill items in an easy to read format with a GIS map at mello.ocgov.com, those parcels with Mello Roos/PACE assessments and nearby local services and parks
- View and subscribe to our Financial Tip of the Week at octreasurer.com/financialtips
- Check out our Property Tax eGuides at octreasurer.com/propertytaxeguides
- Go to octreasurer.com/taxdollar to see where the 1% of assessed value you pay in Property Taxes goes
- In-person tax payments and other County services are available in the County Service Center
- Check out all payment options at octreasurer.com/octaxbill and click on Payment Options