Weather in northwest Orange County for Saturday, November 19, 2022:
Sunny, with a high near 74. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Mostly clear, with a low around 47. Northeast wind around 5 mph.
Highs are expected to remain 70s through next week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1620 The Pilgrims sight Cape Cod.
- 1797 Birth of Sojourner Truth, abolitionist and women’s rights advocate.
- 1831 Birth of James Garfield, 20th president of the United States.
- 1861 Julia Ward Howe writes “The Battle Hymn of the Republic” while visiting Union troops near Washington.
- 1863 Lincoln delivers the “Gettysburg Address” at the dedication of the National Cemetery at the site of the Battle of Gettysburg.
- 1873 James Reed and two accomplices rob the Watt Grayson family of $30,000 in the Choctaw Nation.
- 1911 New York receives first Marconi wireless transmission from Italy.
- 1923 The Oklahoma State Senate ousts Governor Walton for anti-Ku Klux Klan measures.
- 1969 Apollo 12 touches down on the moon.
- 1973 New York stock market takes sharpest drop in 19 years.
- 1976 Patty Hearst is released from prison on $1.5 million bail.
- 1981 U.S. Steel agrees to pay $6.3 million for Marathon Oil.
- 1985 In the largest civil verdict in US history, Pennzoil wins $10.53 billion judgement against Texaco.
- 1985 US President Ronald Reagan and Mikhail Gorbachev, General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, meet for the first time.
- 1990 Pop duo Milli Vanilli are stripped of their Grammy Award after it is learned they did not sing on their award-winning Girl You Know Its True album.
- 1998 US House of Representatives begins impeachment hearings against President Bill Clinton.