Weather in northwest Orange County for Tuesday, January 10, 2023:
Rain and possibly a thunderstorm before 10am, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 10am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. High near 62. Windy, with a south wind 25 to 30 mph becoming west 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
Mostly sunny skies are forecast until the end of the week, with a chance of rain returning over the weekend.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1811 An uprising of over 400 slaves is put down in New Orleans. Sixty-six blacks are killed and their heads are strung up along the roads of the city.
- 1847 General Stephen Kearny and Commodore Robert Stockton retake Los Angeles in the last California battle of the Mexican War.
- 1861 Florida secedes from the Union.
- 1864 Birth of George Washington Carver, chemist, agronomist, helped change the agricultural economy of the South.
- 1870 John D. Rockefeller and his brother William establish the Standard Oil Company of Ohio.
- 1899 Filipino leader Emilio Aguinaldo renounces the Treaty of Paris, which annexed the Philippines to the United States.
- 1901 The Automobile Club of America installs signs on major highways.
- 1903 Argentina bans the importation of American beef because of sanitation problems.
- 1918 In Washington, the House of Representatives passes legislation for women’s suffrage.
- 1923 The United States withdraws its last troops from Germany.
- 1964 Panama breaks ties with the U.S. and demands a revision of the canal treaty.
- 1984 The United States and the Vatican establish full diplomatic relations for the first time in 117 years.