Weather in northwest Orange County for Saturday, January 14, 2023:
Rain, mainly after 11am. High near 61. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Rain, mainly before 11pm. Low around 50. Southwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
The weekend is expected to see rain through Monday night, followed by mostly sunny skies.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1730 Birth of William Whipple, signatory of Declaration of Independence.
- 1741 Birth of Benedict Arnold, American colonial General turned traitor.
- 1864 Confederate President Jefferson Davis writes to General Joseph E. Johnson, observing that troops may need to be sent to Alabama or Mississippi.
- 1911 The USS Arkansas, the largest U.S. battleship, is launched from the yards of the New York Shipbuilding Company.
- 1916 British authorities seize German attaché Franz von Papen’s financial records confirming espionage activities in the U.S.
- 1919 Birth of Andy Rooney, American humorist, author and television personality (60 Minutes).
- 1942 President Franklin D. Roosevelt orders all aliens in the U.S. to register with the government.
- 1943 Franklin Roosevelt, Winston Churchill, and Charles DeGaulle meet at Casablanca to discuss the direction of the war.
- 2005 Huygens probe lands on Saturn’s moon Titan.