With 25% of all nonretired adults having no retirement savings, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2023’s Best States to Retire, as well as expert commentary.
To help retirees find a safe, enjoyable and wallet-friendly place to call home, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 47 key metrics. Our analysis examines affordability, health-related factors and overall quality of life.
Retiring in California (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 48th – Adjusted Cost of Living
- 47th – Annual Cost of In-Home Services
- 11th – WalletHub ‘Taxpayer’ Ranking
- 40th – Elderly-Friendly Labor Market
- 45th – % of Population Aged 65 & Older
- 33rd – Property-Crime Rate
- 2nd – Life Expectancy
- 38th – Health-Care Facilities per Capita
- 13th – Percentage of Residents 12+ Who Are Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19
For the full report, please visit: https://wallethub.com/edu/best-and-worst-states-to-retire/18592.