Weather in northwest Orange County for Sunday, January 29, 2023:
A chance of rain, mainly after 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 59. South wind 10 to 15 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
A chance of precipitation will be possible through Monday night, followed by mostly sunny skies and highs in the mid-60s.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1737 Birth of Thomas Paine, political essayist (The Rights of Man, The Age of Reason).
- 1843 Birth of William McKinley, 25th President of the United States.
- 1861 Kansas is admitted into the Union as the 34th state.
- 1865 William Quantrill and his Confederate raiders attack Danville, Kentucky.
- 1918 The Supreme Allied Council meets at Versailles.
- 1926 Violette Neatley Anderson becomes the first African-American woman admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- 1929 The Seeing Eye, America’s first school for training dogs to guide the blind, founded in Nashville, Tennessee.
- 1944 The world’s greatest warship, USS Missouri, is launched.
- 1967 Thirty-seven civilians are killed by a U.S. helicopter attack in Vietnam.
- 1979 President Jimmy Carter commutes the sentence of Patty Hearst.
- 1984 President Ronald Reagan announces that he will run for a second term.
- 1984 The Soviets issue a formal complaint against alleged U.S. arms treaty violations.