Weather in northwest Orange County for Monday, January 30, 2023:
A chance of rain, mainly before 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 59. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
A slight chance of rain before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 41. East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Mostly sunny skies and highs in the mid-60s are expected through the end of the week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1844 Richard Theodore Greener becomes the first African American to graduate from Harvard University.
- 1862 The USS Monitor is launched at Greenpoint, Long Island.
- 1901 Women Prohibitionists smash 12 saloons in Kansas.
- 1936 Governor Harold Hoffman orders a new inquiry into the Lindbergh kidnapping.
- 1953 President Dwight Eisenhower announces that he will pull the Seventh Fleet out of Formosa to permit the Nationalists to attack Communist China.
- 1964 The Ranger spacecraft, equipped with six TV cameras, is launched to the moon from Cape Canaveral.
- 1976 The U.S. Supreme Court bans spending limits in campaigns, equating funds with freedom of speech.