Weather in northwest Orange County for Friday, February 10, 2023:
Sunny, with a high near 77. East wind 10 to 15 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
Patchy fog after 10pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 47. North wind around 5 mph becoming south after midnight.
Highs are forecast to drop sharply back to the 60s on Saturday, remaining in the 60s into next week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1763 The Treaty of Paris ends the French-Indian War. France gives up all her territories in the New World except New Orleans and a few scattered islands.
- 1846 Led by religious leader Brigham Young, the first Mormons begin a long westward exodus from Nauvoo, Il., to Utah.
- 1863 P.T. Barnum’s star midgets, Tom Thumb and Lavinia Warren, are married.
- 1893 Birth of Jimmy Durante, American comedian and film actor.
- 1902 Birth of Walter Brattain, physicist, one of the inventors of the transistor.
- 1915 President Wilson blasts the British for using the U.S. flag on merchant ships to deceive the Germans.
- 1927 Birth of (Mary Violet) Leontyne Price, opera singer.
- 1942 The war halts civilian car production at Ford.
- 1945 B-29s hit the Tokyo area.
- 1955 Bell Aircraft displays a fixed-wing vertical takeoff plane.
- 1960 Adolph Coors, the beer brewer, is kidnapped in Golden, Colo.
- 1966 Protester David Miller is convicted of burning his draft card.
- 1979 The Metropolitan Museum announces the first major theft in its 110-year history, $150,000 Greek marble head.