Weather in northwest Orange County for Saturday, February 11, 2023:
Partly sunny, with a high near 63. South wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Highs are forecast to remain in the 60s into next week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1763 The Treaty of Paris ends the French-Indian War. France gives up all her territories in the New World except New Orleans and a few scattered islands.
- 1846 Led by religious leader Brigham Young, the first Mormons begin a long westward exodus from Nauvoo, Il., to Utah.
- 1863 P.T. Barnum’s star midgets, Tom Thumb and Lavinia Warren, are married.
- 1893 Birth of Jimmy Durante, American comedian and film actor.
- 1902 Birth of Walter Brattain, physicist, one of the inventors of the transistor.
- 1915 President Wilson blasts the British for using the U.S. flag on merchant ships to deceive the Germans.
- 1927 Birth of (Mary Violet) Leontyne Price, opera singer.
- 1942 The war halts civilian car production at Ford.
- 1945 B-29s hit the Tokyo area.
- 1955 Bell Aircraft displays a fixed-wing vertical takeoff plane.
- 1960 Adolph Coors, the beer brewer, is kidnapped in Golden, Colo.
- 1966 Protester David Miller is convicted of burning his draft card.
- 1979 The Metropolitan Museum announces the first major theft in its 110-year history, $150,000 Greek marble head.