With March being Women’s History Month and women holding only around a quarter of the seats in Congress despite making up 51% of the population, the personal-finance website WalletHub released its report on 2023’s Best & Worst States for Women, as well as expert commentary.
To identify the most women-friendly states, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 25 key metrics. The data set ranges from median earnings for female workers to women’s preventive health care to the female homicide rate.
Woman-Friendliness of California (1=Best, 25=Avg.):
- 49th – Median Earnings for Female Workers (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 40th – Unemployment Rate for Women
- 28th – Share of Women in Poverty
- 9th – Share of Women-Owned Businesses
- 17th – High School Graduation Rate for Women
- 34th – Share of Women Who Voted in 2020 Presidential Election
- 23rd – Female Uninsured Rate
- 2nd – Women’s Life Expectancy at Birth
- 8th – Quality of Women’s Hospitals
- 26th – Women’s Preventive Health Care
For the full report, please visit: https://wallethub.com/edu/best-and-worst-states-for-women/10728