Weather in northwest Orange County for Saturday, March 4, 2023:
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
A slight chance of rain after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 10%.
Mostly sunny skies are expected for the next week, with highs in the low 60s.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1634 Samuel Cole opens the first tavern in Boston, Massachusetts.
- 1747 Birth of Casimir Pulaski, American Revolutionary War general.
- 1766 The British Parliament repeals the Stamp Act, the cause of bitter and violent opposition in the colonies
- 1789 The first Congress of the United States meets in New York and declares that the Constitution is in effect.
- 1791 Vermont is admitted as the 14th state. It is the first addition to the original 13 colonies.
- 1793 George Washington is inaugurated as President for the second time.
- 1797 Vice-President John Adams, elected President on December 7, to replace George Washington, is sworn in.
- 1801 Thomas Jefferson becomes the first President to be inaugurated in Washington, D.C.
- 1861 The Confederate States of America adopt the “Stars and Bars” flag.
- 1901 William McKinley is inaugurated president for the second time. Theodore Roosevelt is inaugurated as vice president.
- 1908 The New York board of education bans the act of whipping students in school.
- 1921 Warren G. Harding is sworn in as America’s 29th President.
- 1933 Franklin D. Roosevelt is inaugurated to his first term as president in Washington, D.C.
- 1944 Berlin is bombed by the American forces for the first time.
- 1987 President Reagan takes full responsibility for the Iran-Contra affair in a national address.