Weather in northwest Orange County for Sunday, March 5, 2023:
A chance of showers, mainly between 10am and 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 60. West wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
A slight chance of showers before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45. West wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Mostly sunny skies are expected for the next week, with highs in the low 60s.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1624 Class-based legislation is passed in the colony of Virginia, exempting the upper class from punishment by whipping.
- 1766 Antonio de Ulloa, the first Spanish governor of Louisiana, arrives in New Orleans.
- 1821 James Monroe becomes the first president to be inaugurated on March 5, only because the 4th was a Sunday.
- 1824 Birth of Elisha Harris, U.S. physician and founder of the American Public Health Association.
- 1908 Birth of Rex Harrison, actor.
- 1933 Newly inaugurated President Franklin D. Roosevelt halts the trading of gold and declares a bank holiday.
- 1946 In Fulton, Missouri, Winston Churchill tells a crowd that “an iron curtain has descended on the Continent [of Europe].”
- 1956 The U.S. Supreme Court affirms the ban on segregation in public schools in Brown vs. Board of Education.
- 1984 The U.S. Supreme Court rules that cities have the right to display the Nativity scene as part of their Christmas display.