Weather in northwest Orange County for Tuesday, March 14, 2023:
Rain, mainly after 11am. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 63. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southeast in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 54. South wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
Rain is expected through Wednesday, followed by partly sunny skies and another chance of rain early next week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1629 A Royal charter is granted to the Massachusetts Bay Colony.
- 1743 First American town meeting is held at Boston’s Faneuil Hall.
- 1833 Birth of Lucy Hobbs Taylor, first woman dentist.
- 1879 Birth of Albert Einstein, German-born mathematician best known for his theories on relativity.
- 1900 United States currency goes on the gold standard.
- 1903 The Senate ratifies the Hay-Herran Treaty, guaranteeing the United States the right to build a canal in Panama.
- 1923 President Warren G. Harding becomes the first U.S. President to file an income tax report.
- 1934 Birth of Eugene Cernan, American astronaut, the last man on the moon.
- 1947 The United States signs a 99-year lease on naval bases in the Philippines.
- 1951 U.N. forces recapture Seoul for the second time during the Korean War.
- 1964 A Dallas jury finds Jack Ruby guilty of the murder of assassin Lee Harvey Oswald.
- 1967 John F. Kennedy’s body is moved from a temporary grave to a permanent one in Arlington Cemetery.