Weather in northwest Orange County for Sunday, March 19, 2023:
A slight chance of showers after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 65. Southeast wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
A slight chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 53. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Rain is expected late Monday through early Wednesday, followed by sunny skies and temperatures in the 60s.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1589 Birth of William Bradford, governor of Plymouth colony for 30 years.
- 1687 The French explorer La Salle is murdered by his own men while searching for the mouth of the Mississippi, along the coast of the Gulf of Mexico.
- 1822 Boston is incorporated as a city.
- 1848 Birth of Wyatt Earp, U.S. marshal.
- 1860 Birth of William Jennings Bryan, orator, statesman, known as “The Great Communicator.”
- 1879 Jim Currie opens fire on the actors Maurice Barrymore and Ben Porter near Marshall, Texas. His shots wound Barrymore and kill Porter.
- 1891 Birth of Earl Warren, governor of California, later 14th Supreme Court Chief Justice.
- 1903 The U.S. Senate ratifies the Cuban treaty, gaining naval bases in Guantanamo and Bahia Honda.
- 1904 Birth of John J. Sirica, U.S. Federal Judge who ruled on Watergate issues.
- 1916 The First Aero Squadron takes off from Columbus, NM to join Gen. John J. Pershing and his Punitive Expedition against Pancho Villa in Mexico.
- 1917 The Adamson Act, eight hour day for railroad workers, is ruled constitutional by the U.S. Supreme Court.
- 1918 Congress authorizes Daylight Saving Time.
- 1920 The U.S. Senate rejects the Versailles Treaty for the second time.
- 1924 U.S. troops are rushed to Tegucigalpa as rebel forces take the Honduran capital.
- 1931 The state of Nevada legalizes gambling.
- 1963 In Costa Rica, President John F. Kennedy and six Latin American presidents pledge to fight Communism.
- 1981 One technician is killed and two others are injured during a routine test on space shuttle Columbia.